Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu Inaugurated nine new premium buses under the brand name ‘Amaravati’ at Pandit Nehru Bus Station in Vijayawada. These buses will operate between Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Chennai, Tirupati, Kadapa and Nellore. Tariff of these will be same as "Garuda Plus"
Below are the features of Amaravati Buses
- The buses are manufactured in Sweden
- The cost of each Scania bus is Rs. 97.43 lakh
- The vehicles have two surveillance cameras installed inside the bus
- The system has the facility to store video recordings up to 15 days
- The new buses also have fire detection and suppression system for engine room and luggage boot
- There is an emergency exit door for each bus.
- The vehicle is also equipped with an auto manual transmission system. If the auto system fails, one can also run with Manual System