Indrakeeladri,the world-famous Kanaka Durga temple is getting a complete facelift with an estimated cost of Rs. 50 crore. Government is planning to preserve ancient structures atop in the hill. It has asked forest department to de-notify 120 acres of forest land on the hill.
The place where Arjuna worshiped Lord Shiva for Pashupatastra, a temple for Pasupatheeswara Swamy was built during the Pallava era at the summit of Indrakeeladri. Now, the state government wants to have the temple reconstructed and construct a ghat road to that temple.
The other things going to happen are:
- Holy plants, medicinal plants, nakshatra vanam to form green belt zone
- Way from Durga Temple to Malleswara Swamy temple to be widened and Beautified
- Road from arch gate in Arjun street to Malleswara Swamy temple to be widened up to 60 feed
- Kalavedika to come up on 3rd floor of Mahamandapam
- Parallel Ghat road from head water works to be laid
- Permanent CCTV systems to be set up
- Annadana Satram to be relocated
- Ghat roads, Hillocks to be beautified