Vijayawada City police commissioner D Gautam Sawang wished the citizens a ‘Happy and Prosperous New Year’. He called upon citizens to celebrate the New Year Day with restraint.
In a press release, he said celebrations should be in a peaceful atmosphere respecting the law and without scope for any untoward incidents. In case of any problem, police can be contacted on Dial 100. The police have decided to impose restrictions on the night of December 31 to ensure responsible celebrations.
Below are the things to take care:
- Roadblocks and checkpoints to prevent any untoward incidents on the roads.
- Drunken driving prohibited. New Year revellers in drunken conditions should be escorted home by a person who has not consumed alcohol
- People advised not to remove silencers of motorcycle and disturbing others
- Elaborate security will be in place to ensure responsible celebrations.
- People are advised against eve teasing.
- People, especially youth are advised against speed driving, irresponsible driving, bike races and triple riding.
- They are also advised not to shout terrorising others.
- Any programme on December 31 night to welcome New Year has to obtain prior police permission.
- Stern action will be initiated against any obscene dances, anti-social and illegal activities
- Commercial and business establishments have to take prior police permissions to open their shops till 1 A.M. on New Year Day.
- Wine shops should be closed on their fixed time and any violation would be treated seriously.
- Close watch will be kept on Bandar road, Ramavarappadu ring road, Besant road