Pattiseema Lift Irrigation project will be Inagurated by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday. The project has been completed within the fixed time frame. The project was taken up by Mega Engineering & Infrastructures Ltd.
The pump house with 24 pumping units in the largest in Asian Region. All the 24 pumpsets have been tested successfully and ready for pumping on March 20th
From a technological perspective, Pattiseema project has entered history books as the largest project executed in Asia, and in the irrigation sector it is the first such project completed in India.
Features of Pattiseema Project:
- Pump house with 24 wells & 2 maintenance bays
- Foundation designed with diaphragm walls
- Total 24 pumps to discharge 8,500 cusecs of water
- Construction of 220KV double circuit transmission lines for a length of 30 km
- 2500 tmc of Godavari Water goes into sea unutilised
- Diversion of 80 tmcft water into Krishna in accordance
- The Polavaram Irrigation Project is designed in accordance with GWDTA and has all requisite clearances
- As the Polavaram Irrigation Project Head works will take about four years for completion, PLS has been conceived to protect Krishna delta from famine
- PLS to lift water from Akhanda Godavari Right Bank, at Pattiseema
- Discharge water into Polavaram Right Main canal (at KM 1.50)