Railway minister Suresh Prabhu and Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu will flag off Amaravati Express, a special train for Andhra Pradesh government employees at Vijayawada Railway Station on June 20.
As a majority of AP government employees working in Hyderabad have decided to keep their families in Hyderabad, the special train between Vijayawada and Hyderabad is being arranged.
Here are the features:
- The train numbers allotted are 12795/12796
- The name of the train is Vijayawada-Secunderabad Superfast Express
- The train would be running six days a week as a superfast express; this service will not be on Sunday
- The train would go from Vijayawada to Hyderabad via Guntur.
- The train would stop only Guntur
- Train 12796 will start from Secunderabad at 5.30 AM and reach Guntur at 10.08 AM and Vijayawada at 11.00 AM
- Train 12795 will start from Vijayawada at 5.30 PM and reach Guntur at 6.20 PM and Secuderabad at 11.10 PM
- The train consists of 14 coaches, where 2 AC chair car, 10 second sitting
Specialty of LBH Coaches:
- The coaches of the train are "Linke Hofmann Busch Coaches"
- The coaches are designed for an operating speed up to 160 km/h and could go up to 200 km/h.
- They are considered to be "anti-telescopic", which means they do not get turned over or flip in case of a collision (chiefly head-on)
- The seats in the coaches are more, compared to the normal coaches
- There will be less sound compared to the normal trains
- These coaches are made of stainless steel and the interiors are made of aluminium which make them lighter as compared to conventional rakes