Andhra Pradesh Government has come up with a prestigious scheme, where 2 crore people out of 5 crore population in the state would be benefited. Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched "Chandranna Bima" accident insurance scheme for unorganised workers aged between 17 and 70 years.
These unorganized workers include farm labourers, daily wage earners, hamalis, rickshaw pullers, domestic helps, contract employees in public sector undertakings, building workers, craftsmen, transport workers like drivers and cleaners, workers employed under MGNREGA etc.
Here are the benefits of the scheme:
- The insured will get Rs.5 lakh in the event of accidental death or for permanent disability
- The insured will get Rs.3.6 lakh for partial disability.
- The insured will get Rs.30,000 on natural death
- Compensation would be paid to the victims in three weeks time.
- The toll-free number is 155214 for this scheme