On the occasion of Independence Day, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu, has inaugurated a huge national flag mast, which is of 100 feet. This is placed near the upcoming interim terminal at Gannavaram Airport and this is going to be a permanent structure, which would be flying in the nights as well.
Below are some of the points to be known about this flag:
- The height of the flag mast is about 100 meters, which is 43 feet
- The flag’s mast was bought from a Kolkata firm name Skipper Limited
- The cost of the whole project is around Rs.10 lakh
- Spare flags are also maintained, to replace if any damage done
- The flag’s fabric is 30 feet long and 20 feet wide, and this alone costs Rs.50,000