A new Double-Decker air-conditioned train from Vizag to Tirupati via Vijayawada is going to start from July 1st. The technical feasibility study has been done and the trial run of the train is completed.
Here are the features of this Double-Decker Train:
- The train has 10 coaches, where all of them are air conditioned.
- Each Coach, has a capacity of 120 seating capacity
- There would be 70 seats in every top compartment
- All the seats are semi-stretchable
- The train consists of fire detection facility with alarm system
- There would be 12 emergency exit windows in each coach
- There are plans to implement CCTV cameras in each compartment
The first double-decker air conditioned train between Howrah and Dhanbad was flagged off in October 2011, and since then the service is operational between many cities across India.