The special status if not, special package to Andhra Pradesh is likely to be announced today at 2.30 PM, where Union Ministers, Arun Jaitley and Venkayya Naidu will held a joint press conference.
According to reports, Centre is going to give a big package equivalent to special category status .
Below are the points likely to be added in the package:
- 100 per cent of the funds on Polavaram project is likely to emerge.
- A Rs.500 crore special fund to promote industries in the state
- Tax exemption to prospective industrialists besides incentives.
- Railway Zone to Vijayawada, instead of Visakhapatnam.
- Clear assurance to the state on funds to the new state capital
- Clarifying on revenue deficit.
- The package also takes care of 30 per cent difference between the devolution of funds to the state on account of the special status and general devolution of funds.